A fantastic opportunity join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry.
Sorion is looking for Application Engineer to compliment a small team who will be able to implement solutions to our customer’s needs using our core software / hardware products.
Key roles and responsibilities
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from quotation and requirements support, through to specification, design and implementation to documentation, installation, commissioning, handover and support.
- A significant amount of time will be spent working on the development and deployment of assembly and test systems.
- Working with and testing electrical and electronic systems and components.
- Interfacing using analogue and digital I/O as well as communications such as CAN and LIN, TCP/IP, USB and RS232.
- Development will be with Windows PC and micro-controller systems using a variety of scripting and process control languages.
- The role requires and understanding of mechanical, electronic, electrical control and vehicle systems.
Qualification and education
- Electronic/Control Systems based Degree / HND
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
- 2 years proven experience
- Knowledge of working in a practical process control and automation environment
- Basic control programming (VBA, IsaGraf, PLC Logic Control)
- Be able to create and write specifications for new applications or modification to existing applications
- Peripheral and electronics or control systems
- Electronic device selection and configuration
- Schematic layout, basic mechanical design
- PC builds and application configuration
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise is important, as the ability to have self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time keeping on projects and the ability to organise your projects is important
Technologies: Understanding the following
- The fundamentals of programming, logic and process control
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Computing and automation technologies
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work at the client site and the occasional need to travel away
- Full Driving licence and own car
We are looking for a permanent position and a competitive salary and pension will be offered based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form and this should be submitted along with your CV either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
Sorion welcomes speculative applications from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.