A fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer within an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industries.
Sorion is looking for a well-rounded electrical engineer, ideally with some vehicle testing experience as well as an understanding of small bespoke machine building.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assist the sales team with queries and provide information and pre-studies for quotations
- Review and feedback on client requirements
- Generate specification documents
- Support customer review meetings and provide on-site support as required
- Trial and test new equipment
- Validate designs against product specifications to ensure all requirements have been achieved
- Ensure that all designs perform to best practice technology standards and are not over engineered for customer applications
- Produce technical electrical drawings for manufacturing following best practice and procedures
- Produce BOM’s which are clear, correct and handover to purchasing
- Good document control including drawing revision
- Assist and support the manufacturing team during the builds
- Create documentation and ensure that any risk analysis reviews are carried out to support CE marking
- Provide Project Management with project and task status
Qualification and education
- Degree or HND / HNC in a relevant discipline
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
- 2 years proven experience
- Knowledge of working in a practical electrical development environment
- Experience in E-Plan Electrical
- The ability to use mechanical CAD would be advantages but not essential
- An understanding of 17th edition knowledge would be beneficial
- Control panel layout design
- Be able to create and write control specifications for new products or modification to existing products
- Technically astute with knowledge of Electronics, PC/PLC Control Systems
- Have an understanding and the ability to generate accurate BOM’s
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise is important, as the ability to have self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time keeping on projects and the ability to organise your projects is important
- General electrical / mechanical workshop equipment understanding is appreciated
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Full Driving licence and own car as visits to customer sites is an essential part of the role, and the occasional need to travel away
We are looking for a permanent position and a competitive salary and pension will be offered based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form and this should be submitted along with your CV either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
Sorion welcomes speculative applications from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.