A fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer within an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industries.
The main function of this position is to design, develop and test software for embedded electronic systems for a wide range of microcontroller based products. These product applications serve both internal and external customers.
Key role and responsibilities
- Participate in customer requirements capture, solution conceptualization, proposal and specification
- Design, develop, test and maintain embedded microcontroller software using C/C++ in mBed & MPLAB X environments based on agreed specifications
- Design and development of supporting drivers and utilities for said embedded systems
- Design validation and testing of said embedded systems
- Liaison with customers, managing expectations and following project management guidelines
- Ensure the timely delivery of the agreed hardware, software, testing and documentation elements
- Ensure that systems are well documented, complying with our company QA/QC requirements
Qualifications and educational requirements
- Essential: Electrical, Electronics or Systems degree
- Ability to interpret digital, analogue and mixed signal electronic hardware schematics, circuits and datasheets
- Fully proficient in C / C++ programming for popular embedded microcontrollers
- Fully proficient in C# / VB.Net programming for Windows for supporting utilities
- Familiar with one or more of the following IDE’s: mBed, Microchip MPLAB X, Eclipse or Keil Microvision
- Familiarity with standard processor/peripheral busses such as SPI, I2C etc.
- Understanding of communication physical layers such as RS232, CAN, LIN and Ethernet
- Ability to use appropriate software design methodologies for different applications
- Familiar with embedded debugging techniques such as the use of debuggers and/or serial consoles
- Comfortable to use industry standard test equipment to validate and debug prototype product hardware
- Fully proficient in general office packages such as Microsoft Office
- You must have excellent organisational, analytical and well developed interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with technical issues and make timely, sound decisions with minimal consultation
We are looking for people who can work without having to be heavily supervised, but can be relied upon to produce quality work in a dynamic environment. Self-motivation, discipline, quick thinking and strong problem solving skills are important, as is the tenacity to stick with and resolve a problem. Good general personal presentation and professional communication standards are expected.
We are looking for a permanent position and a competitive salary and pension will be offered based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form and this should be submitted along with your CV either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
Sorion welcomes speculative applications from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.