A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry. Sorion is looking for a Software Engineer to complement a team developing our own product range as well as developing specific solutions for the customers of our design services. This ranges from server based OLTP / B2B manufacturing systems all the way down to embedded electrical and IOT applications.
Key roles and responsibilities
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from estimation and requirements support, through to specification, design and validation to documentation, signoff, training and support.
- Development, configuration and the creation of deployable packages under Windows environments and ARM/PIC embedded platforms.
- Software design and development with the following languages VB.Net / C# / VB, PHP, C / C++ and T-SQL.
- Using and understanding the following communications technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON, OPC, RS-232, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, MS-SQL.
- Researching, Interfacing and developing API’s for components and peripherals using the above technologies.
Qualification and education
- Electronic / Software / Control Systems based Degree / HND
- Time served and relevant experience will also be taken into consideration
- 2 years in an engineering development role where robustness and up-time were paramount due to the demands of a production environment.
- C/C++ Experience in PIC or ARM environments and the development of embedded control systems.
- VB.Net / C# / VB, development creating Database or comms based service & client software and front ends.
- Networking / low level TCP Comms using Sockets or SOAP / JSON / XML or HTTP.
- MS SQL Server Schema Design, TSQL development, DB management and admin
- Board knowledge of PHP / IIS web server development and configuration
- Interfacing with factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs)
- Systems analysis and design, being able to create or update good quality specifications and documents
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise, as well as self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time keeping on projects and the ability to organise your projects is important
Technologies: Understanding the following
- Electronics and electrical systems, components and technologies
- Familiarity and empathy with Mechanical systems
- An interest in current automotive technologies and systems
- Manufacturing assembly, logistics and automation technologies
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work at the client site and the occasional need to travel away
- Full Driving license and own car
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.