CONTROLS – ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
CONTROLS – ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
A fantastic opportunity for a Controls – Electrical Design Engineer to join an established and growing company located near the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industries. Sorion is looking for a well-rounded engineer to work on a variety of equipment for Sorion assembly and test solutions. You will have design influence and the scope of the job will be varied covering widely different requirements.
Your role will involve:
The role will involve working through all phases of a project life cycle including: –
- Generate proposal / specification documents
- Support customer review meetings and provide on-site support as required
- Produce technical drawings, schematics, and IO assignments for manufacturing
- Review designs and produce accurate BOM’s which are clear, correct and documented sufficiently for hand over to purchasing and manufacturing
- Validate designs to ensure all requirements have been achieved
- Ensure that all designs perform to best practice technology standards and are not over engineered for customer applications
- Assist and support the manufacturing team during the builds ensuring a smooth build on equipment
- Produce control processes for the test equipment and machines designed
- Create documentation and perform risk analysis reviews to support CE marking as appropriate
- Good document control including engineering change control and drawing revision
You will be working on:
Qualification and Education
- Degree or HND / HNC in a relevant discipline
- Transferable skills from time served engineers will also be taken into consideration
Preferred Skills / Experience
- 3 years of experience with understanding of bespoke equipment building
- Much of our work is engineering or automotive focused, therefore an understanding and experience of vehicle electrical systems & schematics would be beneficial, even from hobby experience
- Experience and knowledge of working in a practical, hands on environment
- Experience in EPlan, Solidworks, other package history will be considered as training can be provided
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise is important, as are the abilities to be self-disciplined, motivated, and quick thinking
- The ability to review and design products suitable for the application
Technologies: An understanding of the following
- Machine control and safety systems
- Programming of machine control devices and interfacing with third party equipment / systems
- Peripheral and electronics or control systems
- We are looking for individuals who can work without having to be heavily supervised but can be relied upon to produce quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivation, discipline, and a desire to understand “why” or “how” are important, as is the tenacity to stick with or resolve a problem.
- Willing to work at the client site and the occasional need to travel away
- Full Driving license and own car is beneficial
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Work on exciting projects
With us you will be working on state-of-the art automation and test projects within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and projects
Companies you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, but there are many more diverse companies that you have probably never heard of.
✔ Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Remote working options
✔ Work with a talented team
✔ Prestigious clients
✔ Training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ Social events
How to apply
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download) and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.