A fantastic opportunity for an IT Administrator within an established and growing company located near the heart of Birmingham with a strong reputation in manufacturing, automotive and test industries.
Key roles and responsibilities
The main function of this position is to implement, document, maintain and provide support for the I.T., network and phone infrastructure at Sorion to maintain availability and performance. Secondary functions include implementation and configuration of IT systems and software as part of our products and services; and providing IT support and preventative maintenance for our customer’s systems in conjunction with our technical support team.
Your tasks will be:
- Design, implementation and administration of Office365, AV, Mail and internal Active Directory
- Administration & Configuration of internal Hyper-V VMs
- Testing and deployment of Sorion’s own software products internally and on customer sites
- IT & security audits and asset checks of users and equipment, GDPR, Cyber Essentials & ISO-27001
- Design, implementation and administration of Wired and wireless LAN & Router/Firewall
- Administration and configuration of the internal phone system
- User support for IT issues, email, permissions, network, printer and device configuration.
- Installation of internal and ‘project’ PC systems.
- Regular preventive maintenance of IT equipment, servers and backup systems
- Configuration of internal and ‘project’ peripheral devices and printers
- Computing Orientated Degree or Equivalent
- MSCE / MCP / CCNA
Some relevant experience or ongoing training in:
- Office 365 / SharePoint / AD /WSUS / Azure AD Administration
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Windows 10 Configuration & Support
- SQL Server Administration
- Network Management LAN/AP/Router configuration
We are looking for individuals who can work without having to be heavily supervised, but can be relied upon to produce quality work in a dynamic environment. Self-motivation, discipline and a desire to understand “why” or “how” are important, as is the tenacity to stick with or resolve a problem.
This is a permanent position, offering a salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 plus pension and this will be offered based on experience and potentia
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Work on exciting projects
With us you will be working on state-of-the art automation and test projects within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and projects
Companies you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, but there are many more diverse companies that you have probably never heard of.
✔ Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Remote working options
✔ Work with a talented team
✔ Prestigious clients
✔ Training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ Social events
How to apply
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download) and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.