technical support ENGINEER
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry. Sorion is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide in-house and on-site customer support services as well as undertaking commissioning and testing for Sorion’s products. This ranges from electronic test systems, robotics, and manufacturing systems to embedded electrical and IOT applications.
Your role will involve:
The main role of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide both in-house and on-site support for Sorion equipment, and includes the following:
- Pre-install testing & commissioning of Sorion systems / equipment
- Remote and on-site customer support
- Documentation of customer facilities
- Routine system checks
- Fault diagnosis and repairs
- Problem solving and resolution using Sorion software
- Out of hours support to our customers on a rota basis.
You will be working on:
Qualification and Education
- Degree or HND/HNC equivalent in relevant discipline
- Willingness to work at the client site
- UK Driving license & own vehicle
- Valid Passport
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- The ability to learn and progress quickly
- An understanding of PC Hardware, Software, Wi-Fi, and Network functionality
Technologies: an understanding of the following
- Automotive and Electro-Mechanical systems
- Manufacturing Processes and Quality Systems
- Interaction or operation use of factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs, OPC / Modbus)
- Windows 10 PC & Servers
- Basic understanding of programming
- Service / Support provision
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Work on exciting projects
With us you will be working on state-of-the art automation and test projects within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and projects
Companies you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, but there are many more diverse companies that you have probably never heard of.
✔ Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Remote working options
✔ Work with a talented team
✔ Prestigious clients
✔ Training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ Social events
How to apply
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download) and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.