Sorion designs and manufactures bespoke guided assembly, collaborative robotics, and end of line test systems to a range of industry sectors: automotive, aerospace, warehousing and manufacturing.
When you join our team, you will be working for prestigious clients you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, and many more diverse companies.
A fantastic opportunity for a Robot Programmer to join an established and growing company located near the centre of Birmingham working on state-of-the art process automation, robotics, and test systems within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Sorion is looking for a well-rounded engineer to work on a variety of equipment for Sorion assembly and test solutions. You will have design influence and the scope of the job will be varied covering widely different requirements.
Position type: Full Time (39 Hours Per Week)
Level/ Salary range: £30 – £40K Per Annum
LOCATION AND COMMITMENTS
This is a permanent full-time role based in our Birmingham office (outside the CAZ) with occasional onsite customer visits across the UK
Your role will involve:
The role will involve working with the client through all phases of a project life cycle including requirements capture, specification, design and implementation, documentation, installation, commissioning, handover, training, and support
As well as communication, documentation and project management skills, the role also requires an understanding of axis robots, mobile robotics, mechanical, electrical.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of working in a practical process control and automation environment
- Understanding of robotic handling, path planning and logic flow
- Experience in specifying and designing Robot End of Arm tooling and fixturing
- Experience with CAD software, (Solidworks/Alibre/AutoCAD 2D)
- Basic control programming (Python, VBA, PLC Logic Control)
- Requirements capture and the ability to create or update specifications
- An understanding and experience in industrial vision systems
Qualification and Education
- Qualifications in robot programming from an OEM including safety programming
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
Technologies: An understanding of the following
- Interaction or operation use of factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs, OPC / Modbus), User of 3rd Party Devices (Vision, Test & Measurement, Drives)
- Manufacturing Processes & Quality Systems
- Automotive and Electo-mechanical systems
- UR robots and their interface
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Here is why we love working at Sorion and hope you will enjoy it too:
✔ Work with a talented and friendly team of engineers
✔ Innovative approaches and new technologies
✔ Prestigious clients and projects
✔ Ongoing training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ We have Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Walking distance to Birmingham City Centre
✔ Social events
How to apply
To apply for this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download)
- Your CV