What information do we collect about you?
When you make a purchase at Sorion Electronics, fill out a contact form or answer one of our surveys, you may choose to give us basic information: name, email address, mailing address, postcode & phone number. This allows us to provision your goods and services more efficiently, provide technical support and ultimately to give you a higher calibre of customer service.
- When you visit our websites, we collect anonymous information using cookies: your Internet service provider’s address, the name of the Web page directing you, as well as your clicks and activity on our site. This tracking data helps us understand how to make our site more available and user friendly to our customers.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. The personal information we collect is primarily intended to offer better customer service and to improve communications.
- Sorion Electronics Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties.
We use your contact information to email you marketing communications that may be of specific interest to you. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximising what you get out of our services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you.
- You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. To opt out please email email@example.com or click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email from Sorion Electronics.
How long will we hold your data for?
- Contracted Services: We will hold your data for 10 years following a delivery of service or 5 years for quotations
- Marketing: Using our compliant email marketing system, you will have the opportunity to opt out, or update or delete data at any point should you need to do so and details are set out in this policy as to how to do that.
Protecting your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect our customers’ personal information against loss, misuse, and alteration. We use encryption technology whenever receiving and transferring your personal information on our site. Standard network security practices have been followed.
Access to your information, correction and deletion
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 454 8966.
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or completely delete all information that we hold about you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or information we hold on you, we will do our best to answer them. Here’s how to contact us:
Phone: +44 (0)121 454 8966 (Monday to Thursday: 7:00 – 16:00 GMT Friday: 7:00 – 12:00 GMT)
Post: Sorion Electronics Ltd, Magreal Industrial Estate, Freeth Street, Ladywood, Birmingham, B16 0QZ