A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located near the heart of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the logistics, manufacturing, automotive and test industries. Sorion is looking for an Applications Engineer to complement a team developing our own product range as well as developing specific solutions for the customers of our design services. This ranges from robotics and manufacturing systems all the way down to embedded electrical and IOT applications.
Your role will involve:
Working with the client through all phases of a project life cycle including requirements capture, specification, design and implementation, documentation, installation, commissioning, handover, training, and support.
The majority of the role will be spent working on guided assembly, mobile robotics and test systems, requiring an understanding of process, IT system interaction and how parts under test are connected and function.
Interfacing to 3rd party systems using SQL, OPC-UA, JSON, TCP/IP and RS232.
Interfacing to parts being manufactured using analogue and digital I/O, CAN or LIN.
As well as communication, documentation and project management skills, the role also requires an understanding of mobile robotics, mechanical, electrical and vehicle systems.
You will be working on:
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of working in a practical process control and automation environment
- Basic control programming (Python, VBA, IsaGraf, SQL, PLC Logic Control)
- Requirements capture and the ability to create or update specifications
- Peripheral and electronics or control systems
- PC builds, software installations and application configuration
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise, as well as self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time management and the ability to organise your projects is important
Qualification and Education
- Electronic / Software / Control Systems based Degree / HND
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
Technologies: An understanding of the following
- Interaction or operation use of factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs, OPC / Modbus)
- Manufacturing Processes & Quality Systems
- Automotive and Electo-mechanical systems
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Work on exciting projects
With us you will be working on state-of-the art automation and test projects within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and projects
Companies you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, but there are many more diverse companies that you have probably never heard of.
✔ Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Remote working options
✔ Work with a talented team
✔ Prestigious clients
✔ Training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ Social events
How to apply
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download) and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.