A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located near the heart of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the logistics, manufacturing, automotive and test industries. Sorion is looking for a Software Engineer to complement a team developing our own product range as well as developing specific solutions for the customers of our services. This ranges from mobile robotics and manufacturing systems all the way down to embedded electrical and IOT applications.
Your role will involve:
Software design and development in Visual Studio with the following languages C# / VB.Net and T-SQL.
Development and creation of deployable packages and containers under Windows and cloud environments.
Using and understanding the following technologies: Webservices, JSON, REST, OPC, RS-232, USB.
Researching, interfacing and developing API’s for components and peripherals using the above technologies.
The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle, working with the clients from estimation and requirements, through specification, design, validation and sign off, to documentation and training.
You will be working on:
- 2 years in a software development role using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- C# / VB.Net / VB, development creating Database or comms based services & client software and front ends.
- Networking / low level TCP Comms using Sockets or SOAP / JSON / XML or HTTP.
- MS SQL Server Schema Design, T-SQL development, DB admin and management
- Interfacing with factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs, OPC / Modbus)
- Broad knowledge of PHP / IIS web server development and configuration
- Some experience with Python would be advantageous
- Systems analysis and design, being able to create or update good quality specifications and documents
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise, as well as self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time management and the ability to organise your projects is important
Qualification and education
- Computing / Software based Degree / HND
- Time served and relevant experience will also be taken into consideration
Technologies: Understanding the following
- Azure Cloud services and containers, Edge and Windows Services, Web Services and JSON/REST Interfaces
- Warehouse and BOM parts tracking systems
- Micro-services architecture
- Manufacturing assembly, logistics and automation technologies
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- An occasional need to work at the client site or travel away
- Full Driving license and own car
What we offer
At Sorion, your growth is central to our success. You would be joining a company where you’re encouraged to excel and contribute to teams and projects from day one.
Work on exciting projects
With us you will be working on state-of-the art automation and test projects within the logistics, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
Work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and projects
Companies you will know including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover and Lamborghini, but there are many more diverse companies that you have probably never heard of.
✔ Friday afternoons off
✔ Ample free car parking
✔ Remote working options
✔ Work with a talented team
✔ Prestigious clients
✔ Training and development
✔ Pension scheme
✔ Competitive salary
✔ Social events
How to apply
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a competitive salary and pension based on experience.
All applications for any position at Sorion Electronics MUST include a completed standard Sorion Employment Application Form (please click here to download) and this should be submitted along with your CV, either by post or emailed to jobs(at)sorion.co.uk.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Sorion does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.
Sorion welcomes CVs from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.